Choosing the right therapist is an important decision and a good fit is necessary to make effective progress. I believe that effective therapy brings about growth and change and it occurs in an atmosphere of safety, trust, and collaboration.
I graduated from Wichita State University with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting. After several years I discovered my passion in helping people. I returned to school and earned a Master of Arts in Professional Counseling from Amridge University in Montgomery, Alabama. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor certified by the State Board of Professional Examiners for the State of Texas (#65844).
I believe that most people are capable of solving problems related to daily living, but that sometimes they become stuck. My goal is to help them become unstuck by offering them an opportunity and an environment in which to explore alternate solutions. I help people define and work towards achieving peace and balance in their lives which in turn will positively impact their relationships and their careers.
- Specialized experience and training in working with trauma survivors
- Certified Prepare/Enrich Facilitator
- Specialized experience and training in working with victims and perpetrators of family/domestic violence
- Completed Level 1 & 2 Clinical Training for Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Gottman Seven Principles Leader
As a therapist, my mission is to:
- Provide a compassionate and confidential atmosphere to discuss personal concerns
- Assist you in improving your emotional well being
- Enhance your ability to engage in interpersonal relationships
- Empower you with useful tools, which will help in addressing your problems