Monica is a Licensed Professional Counselor and her services qualify for reimbursement with most insurance plans. She is a network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Magellan and several EAP providers. If you have insurance through another company she will provide you with the required information so that you may submit it to your insurance company for out of network reimbursement per your plan.
Please note that many clients prefer not to use their insurance for counseling. Insurance companies require a diagnosis in order to reimburse for services which means that your privacy will be decreased. They also dictate the length of treatment which can interfere with the care that you may need.
If you do choose to use your insurance, it is important to ask them the following questions:
- Do I have out of network benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is pre-approval required from my primary care physician?